West Coast Films Terms & Conditions of Sale
These Terms and Conditions are for your protection as well as ours. Please read them carefully. If you need clarification on any points, please do give us a call. The core elements of the Terms & Conditions can be read below.
- Full payment is due strictly within 30 working days of the invoice date.
- In the event of bad weather that you feel will have an adverse effect on production we require 24 hours notice to avoid you having to pay 50% of the production costs.
- If you wish to change the filming date(s) please can you give us at least 3 weeks notice to avoid additional costs.
- Expenses are charged at cost and are in addition to our production rates.
- We normally provide one set of revisions only in the final edit as part of the standard cost (unless stated otherwise). You will then have seven working days to provide any revisions.
- Cancelling the job any later than 12 working days prior to production starting would mean you may be charged a cancellation fee of up to 50% of the total agreed invoice amount.
- Cancelling during the production means you will lose 75% of the remaining balance.
- Cancelling or moving pre-production meetings or site recce’s may incur a charge.
- Copyright of all material that has been captured by us is solely owned by us and protected under UK Law.
- If you fail to communicate with us for a period of more than 30 days without explanation, the project shall be deemed satisfactory and complete. Failure to communicate does not relieve you of your obligation to pay the due amount.
- We may require staged payments.
- Deposits are non refundable.
- By providing us with an order, you accept the terms and conditions in full. Please ensure you read through the full document below before agreeing to work with us.
Definitions & General Terms In these Terms and Conditions the word ‘West Coast Films’ ‘we’ ‘the company’ ‘us’ ‘our’ and ‘ours’ refer to West Coast Films. The words ‘client’ ‘customer’ ‘your’ and ‘you’ refer to the party who commissioned and/or funded the work and any person or organisation acting on their behalf. The term ‘video’ refers to the product and service with which we will supply you. The term “footage” refers to the media content captured by our cameras and audio equipment during the production of your project. The term “pre-production” refers to the planning and organisation process which takes place before the production stage. The term “production” refers to the gathering of, or intention to gather, media content (including footage) for use in your project. The term “post-production” refers to the process of importing, editing and encoding the media content for your project, combining this with any additional material including graphical and musical elements. These Terms and Conditions apply to all video, and associated audio products created by West Coast Films, including all moving and still images and sound recordings of whatever form.
2.1 A contract is formed between us and you when an order is received from you
2.2. An order may be in written, verbal or in electronic form.
3.1 To secure the provision of our services, a non-refundable deposit may be required in advance of production.
3.2 Deposit payments must be cleared before the project start date in order for our work to begin.
3.3 Our payment terms are strictly 30 days from date of invoice. This term overrides any Terms and Conditions stated in a Purchase Order and in the event of an order being placed, you accept this term.
3.4 We may add an accumulative interest rate on late payments as dictated under the UK government late payments scheme. This will be charged at the Bank of England’s base rate.
3.5 If your cheque is returned from our bank you will incur an additional fee of £50.
3.6 We will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for any debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation.
3.7 You will be responsible for any collection or legal fees necessitated by your late or default payment.
3.8 We reserve the right to withhold delivery and any transfer of ownership of any current work if your account is not paid in full.
3.9 All grants of any license to use or transfer of ownership of any intellectual property rights under this agreement are conditioned upon receipt of.